Welcome to Blaq Natural Hair

Hello and welcome to my Blaq Natural Hair blog. I am starting this blog because I am still new to my own natural hair journey. It's been one year of growing out my relaxer and nearly one year fully natural... Read more: HERE

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blaq Natural Hair: Actress Lupita Nyong'o Wins Awards for Role in '12 Years a Slave'


Blaq Natural Hair: Actress Lupita Nyong'o Wins Awards for Role in '12 Years a Slave'

We can't help but notice, along with the world, that beautiful actress Lupita Nyong'o and her natural hairstyle. Some may think its too short and not feminine but she is very elegant and posed.
Nyong'o reveals why she shaved her head after relaxing it for years:

"It happened when I was 19. I had relaxed hair and it was up to my shoulders and I'd go to the salon every week to have it curled or retouched. And I dyed my hair green and blue and maroon and you name it. Two things happened; I got fed up of going to the salon. I just wanted less time grooming so I could get more stuff done. And then also I realized if I continued messing up with my hair I would be completely bald by the age of 40. So I just shaved it all off and I was completely a skinhead. And it was so liberating. And I discovered the shape of my head wasn't so bad. And so I grew my hair a little and ever since then I just don't have the patience to grow it again. But I do enjoy wearing a wig from time to time in the privacy of my house," Nyong'o says. Source
She also stated in that interview that she grew up with very bad skin until her mother took a trip to Madagascar and found alternative and medicinal herbs is when she found out how beautiful her skin really revealed.
News reports about her latest award:
Nyong’o won for supporting actress at the 20th annual SAG Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday for her performance as the singular slave Patsy in Steve McQueen’s historical drama “12 Years a Slave.” She thanked McQueen “for taking a flashlight and shining it underneath the floorboards of this nation and reminding us what it is we stand on.”

1 comments:

spectrum multimedia said...

Wow!!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | 100 Web Hosting