Welcome to Blaq Natural Hair

Hello and welcome to my Blaq Natural Hair blog. I am starting this blog because I am still new to my own natural hair journey. It's been one year of growing out my relaxer and nearly one year fully natural... Read more: HERE

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Welcome to Blaq Natural Hair Blog!

Photo: Beautiful Brown Girls


Hello and welcome to my Blaq Natural Hair blog.  I am starting this blog because I am beginning my own natural hair journey. I have tried a few times in the past and was unsuccessful. I was unsuccessful for many reasons:

  • I didn't know how to take care of it
  • I found my hair breaking off more than usual
  • I didn't know how to style it
  • I wasn't happy with it even though I knew it was better for my hair
Essentially, I was very eager to go natural but didn't have enough information about how to care for my hair and feel good wearing it out.

Ultimately, I want thick, long, healthy natural hair. I have been taking nutritional supplements for over 15 years. I am in my 40's and in perfect health according to my doctor's reports. I've never had any major health issues and that is why putting a relaxer on my hair every 3 months started bothering me. A relaxer or perm isn't very healthy nor natural so I had one thing I needed to change and it was my hair.

So, now that you know why I am serious about going natural now and for good, this is why I started this blog. I will be exploring natural hair care products and methods, natural hairstyles for black women and anything that will help me grow the healthiest head of hair I can.

I hope you will enjoy my journey in learning about natural hair and all of the natural products out their that many black women are using to maintain their God given natural hair.

I am happy and proud to finally take control of my hair and be totally natural in all I do from the inside out.

Come join me for the ride.

-T. Marie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | 100 Web Hosting